The Perseverance Issue, our 8th edition, is here to lift you up, give you strength and remind you that we are at our best when we help one another; when we unite to dismantle speciesism and racism alike. Our 8th edition is full of powerful, galvanizing stories of vegan community activists like our cover star Lorena Ramirez. It embodies shelter from turmoil where hope, solidarity, equality, empathy flourish.
More highlights from Issue Eight include:
• “Strong, Moral Stand”: a collection of powerful stories from full-time animals rights activists about their life on the frontlines.
• “Saving You”: Beautiful portraits and personal accounts from women who dedicate their lives to rescuing animals.
• “All Together Now”: Black and Latinx activists in the Washington, DC area on building a vegan movement that is accessible and inclusive to all.
• “Gold Standard”: a vibrant profile of vegan sprinter Morgan Mitchell of The Game Changers fame.
• An inspiring conversation with teenage activist Genesis Butler and her mother Genelle.
• “After The Flood”: How disasters like Hurricane Florence uncover animal agriculture’s hidden casualties.
• “Big Life Small Footprint”: An eye-opening report on the impacts of climate change and how we can all do our part by eliminating waste from our lives.
• A moving profile of hot for food’s Lauren Toyota, full of wisdom on how to tap into our magic to heal during troubled times.
Inside every issue of LAIKA, you will be immersed in gorgeous visuals and creative storytelling on topics like the emotional world of animals, rescue missions and animal rights activism techniques. Each issue seeks to inform you, uplift you, and shift the status quo.
Released in March, 2020. Offset-printed and perfect bound, full color with vegetable based inks on recycled semi-gloss 60lb stock.