Whether you’re vegan, vegetarian, or omnivore, getting your nutrition from plant-based foods is one of the best things you can do for your health—and it’s easier than you might think!
The science confirms that a diet rich in whole, plant-based foods can help your body thrive. In fact, a growing number of physicians advocate a completely plant-based diet for many of their patients who suffer from diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
In this all new edition, leading plant-based dietician, Julieanna Hever, and Ray Cronise, the mastermind behind magician Penn Jillette’s 100-pound weight loss transformation, team up to give you everything you need to know about following a plant-based diet, including:
- A wealth of information on the most nutrient-dense foods in the plant kingdom
- A new Food Triangle, representing a completely new way of looking at food and nutrition
- New perspectives on macronutrients, and why categorizing protein, carbs, and fats as food groups causes unnecessary confusion about what to eat
- The latest science on oxidative priority and how it explains why many common recipes drive unintentional weight gain
- Healthspan and longevity recommendations based on the latest research
- Sample menus to get you started on a plant-based lifestyle
- Tips for stocking your kitchen, boosting the nutritional content of your favorite dishes, and dining out healthfully
All new recipes from celebrity chefs: Matthew Kenney, Dreena Burton, Jazzy Vegetarian, Kathy Patalsky, Robin Robertson, Fran Costigan, Jason Wyrick, and Matt Frazier.